Model Advice Talent Terms
‘Model Advice’ refers to the Model Advice Talent Agency.
‘The Talent’ refers to any model that is represented by the Model Advice Talent Agency.
‘The Company’ refers to any production company or any Advertising Agency, Photographer, Music Producers, Record Labels or any Event or Venue contracting the services of The Talent.
Acceptance of a Production Contract from Model Advice is seen as confirmation that the Talent has accepted and will abide by these terms.
1. Model Advice is a non exclusive agency and will allow any talent to have other agents to represent them, but The talent accepts that they may be removed from the Model Advice book if the agency deems the amount of agents known to be representing The Talent form a ‘conflict of interest’.
2. There is no set contract length between Model Advice and The Talent, and either party may cancel the contract at any time in written form via email when the Talent is not committed to a production contract negotiated by Model Advice. During the first 30 days of the contract between the talent and Model Advice, the work-seeker shall be entitled without penalty to cancel or withdraw from any contract. After this time, the Talent agrees to honour any pre-booked auditions and/or production agreements before ending their contract with Model Advice. For the avoidance of doubt this means that the Talent cannot cancel the contract with Model Advice during the term of a production contract negotiated by Model Advice for any reason whatsoever including but not exclusive to withholding the agency commission from Model Advice. This will be regarded as a breach of contract and will be subject to legal remedy.
3. Model Advice will promote The Talent for Commercials, Still Photography, Internet and Modelling Roles, based on the information, images and relevant media provided by The Talent.
4. Show reels are a useful tool in promoting you to photographers, casting directors, producers and directors. It is recommended that the Talent develop a modelling showreel. This show reel can be obtained through Model Advice or any other reputable provider.
5.Personal websites provide a central location to give the casting industry and the public more information about you and your skills/experiences. It is recommended that the Talent has a professional modelling website. This website can be obtained through Model Advice or any other reputable provider.
6. The Talent will keep Model Advice informed by email of any non available dates, including those pre planned months in advance, such as holidays, excursions and events.
7. The Talent will be deemed as available for next day auditions in London or the closest major audition city unless they have said they are not available in advance. The Talent may be removed from the Model Advice book if the agency deems The Talent’s availability is below an acceptable level to attain work.
8. If an audition is obtained for The Talent based on their availability shown, The Talent will be required to respond immediately to Model Advice and confirm or decline the audition in time for Model Advice to give a timely response to the relevant people. Repeated lack of audition attendance may result in instant removal from the Model Advice book.
9. The Talent is solely responsible for arriving on time to an audition by planning in advance their route, transport means and travelling time. Good communication is critical in the event of late trains, traffic jams and other familiar delays causing late attendance or cancellation. Failure to communicate with Model Advice about these issues in time to notify the relevant people may result in instant removal from the Model Advice book.
10. Model Advice will deduct 20% Commission from the total of all fees payable to The Talent, unless a different rate is specified before the Talent commences production. This commission is payable for arranging castings and auditions and finding work with hirers/employers and is non-refundable. If the Talent is paid in kind Model Advice reserves the right to invoice the Talent for the relevant percentage of the market value of the goods received. Model Advice is authorised to receive money on behalf of workers from hirers (i.e. photographers and casting companies).
11. Generally Model Advice will be paid directly by the Company that The Talent has worked for within 30 days of the job termination and once paid Model Advice will immediately pay the Talent their pay minus the agreed Commission by bank transfer. From time to time, especially with overseas work and longer term contracts, The Talent may be paid directly by the Company, in this event Model Advice will invoice the Talent for the Commission due on each payment to The Talent. This invoice will be due for immediate payment by The Talent. Lack of payment to Model Advice will be regarded as a breach of contract and will be subject to legal remedy.
12. From time to time The Company may delay payment in which case Model Advice will take whatever action it deems appropriate in order to recover the outstanding invoice.
13. The Talent will inform Model Advice immediately of any issues or difficulties that arise during the production which may lead to a dispute of any type, including but not exclusive to payment of The Talent by The Company. Model Advice will if required, negotiate with the Company for the Talent's best interests. Any dissatisfaction with Model Advice as an agency during its negotiations of any difficulty during a production contract needs to be negotiated in good faith between the Talent and Model Advice to reach a mutual agreement for the duration of the production contract to maintain Term 2. If a dispute arises Model Advice reserves the right to deduct any fees and costs incurred while resolving this dispute from the final payment to the Talent.
14. The Talent agrees that the Talent is solely responsible for complying with any laws, taxes and tariffs applicable, and will hold harmless, protect, indemnify and defend Model Advice from any claim, penalty, tax, fine, or tariff arising from the Talent’s failure to comply with any such laws taxes and tariffs.
15. The Talent is responsible for fulfilling all of the terms of The Company's contract, failure to do so will result in the appropriate action being taken by Model Advice and The Company.
16. Model Advice does not warrant that the skills and ability of the Talent will be suitable for the role or the production. Although Model Advice only uses staff of the highest quality, generally we not able to verify all of the skills listed on the Talents CV and so responsibility of assessing these talents lies completely with The Company as part of the audition and call back process. Therefore, the entire risk of the performance, skills and ability of the Talent is with the Company. In no event will Model Advice be liable to the Company or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the Talent's performance or inability to perform as these are circumstances that are beyond our control.
17. Model Advice has the right to amend the ‘Talent Terms’ at any time.
18. Model Advice is part of the NTH trading group, which includes our performing agency http://www.bdiscovered.net/ and this model agency http://www.modeladvice.direct/ All payments by talent and hiring companies are made to the NTH trading group.
Experienced Performers with at least 4 professional featured speaking roles or Industry standard training can join Spotlight with BDiscovered as the agency and BDiscovered can use this Spotlight profile to submit these performers for a large number of agent only roles through Spotlight.